16 December 2011

Molasses Cookies

Since it has been finals week and I’ve had so many papers to write. I am a bit behind. So, to make it up to you all I will be posting the recipes now. I have them all typed up, but I just haven’t had time to post them. As such, the introductions will be almost non-existent.  I will, however, post them under the days they were supposed to be posted. Here is today’s: Molasses Cookies! They are super delicious. I hope you enjoy them!
Ingredients
·         3/4 cup sugar
·         2/3 cup softened butter
·         1/4 cup orange or lemon juice
·         1/2 cup dark corn syrup
·         1/2 cup dark molasses
·         4 1/2 cups unbleached flour
·         2 teaspoons ground ginger
·         1 teaspoon baking soda
·         1 teaspoon salt
·         1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
·         1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
·         1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
Directions
·         In a bowl, cream sugar and butter
·         Blend in orange or lemon juice, corn syrup and molasses
·         Combine the dry ingredients before adding to creamed mixture
·         Mix well
·         Chill overnight
·         Roll out the dough to about ¼ in
·         Cut into shapes
·         Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets
·         Bake at 350 degrees F for 14 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment