02 December 2011

Boże Narodzenie Ciastka

Wesołych Świąt!
Boże Narodzenie Ciastka are from Poland, duh. Anyways, this is a recipe that I received from this wonderfully eccentric Polish lady that I know.  She told me that I had to share it with the world. So, I am. Keep in mind that this recipe is in metric measurements and you will have to convert them. Since I am European, I have metric measuring cups and do not need to do so. They sort of taste like licorice. So, if you do not like licorice, I do not recommend this type of cookie. It is delicious though. I like them and a bunch of my friends that do not like licorice love these. Enjoy!
Ingredients
·         225 g. butter
·         205 g. shortening
·         400 g. vanilla sugar
·         5 large eggs
·         940 g. whole grain flour
·         30 g. baking powder
·         3. salt
·         15 g. anise oil
Directions
·         Preheat oven to 175 degrees C
·         Cream butter, shortening, and vanilla sugar
·         Add eggs and anise oil
·         While mixing stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt
·         Mix until soft
·         Chill dough for half an hour
·         Roll out the dough and cut out with cookie cutters
·         Grease cookie sheet
·         Bake cookies for 15 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment