11 March 2013

Raspberry Meringues

So, I have been busy and I don’t know when it’s going to let up. So, I am not promising how often I will update. I am trying to make time to update as often as I can! Today I will be posting a recipe that is pretty tasty. It is a type of candy, although some people insist that they are a type of cookie. However, since there is not any flour in it I have a hard type thinking of these as a type of cookie. Today I will be posting the recipe for Raspberry Meringues.

Ingredients
v  3 large egg whites (a little tip for you: if you have them at room temperature it is easier to mix for this)
v  ¾ cup of white sugar
v  1/8 of a teaspoon of sea salt
v  1/8 of a teaspoon of cream of tartar
v  1 teaspoon of raspberry extract
v  Red gel food colouring (You must use the gel food colouring for this recipe or it will mess up the recipe!)
Directions
v  Preheat your oven to 200⁰F
v  Set a heat proof bowl over a pot of simmering water
v  Wisk egg whites and sugar together until sugar is dissolved and it is warm
v  Mix in the sea salt and cream of tartar
v  Using an electric mixer whip the mixture on medium-high while slowly adding the raspberry extract until it forms stiff and glossy peaks (this should take about 6-8 minutes and the mixture should be almost cool
v  Paint 3-5 vertical stripes of the gel colouring inside of a large pastry bag
v  Fit bag with a ½ inch round tip
v  Once the mixture is ready fill with the meringue without smudging the colouring
v  Line your baking sheets with parchment paper
v  Pipe 1-2 inch circles onto the baking sheets about 2 inches apart
v  Bake them for 1 hour and 15 minutes to 1 hour 20 minutes (They should be crisp on the outside, but not hard)

Hope you all enjoy this! Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment