22 November 2011

Glühmost

So, I thought I had this posted somewhere on here, but I guess I was wrong. Anyways, this recipe was requested by one of my co-workers. She’s pretty awesome.  This recipe is for Glühmost. Since it is getting cold this seems like a good time to want this recipe. For those who don’t know what  Glühmost is, it’s a form of apple cider. This recipe calls for wine, if you don’t like wine you can substitute it for more apple cider. However, for the sake of being the good Prussian that I am, I will include the wine in the recipe.
Ingredients
·         4 cups of a dry white wine
·         4 cups of apple cider
·         1/8 of a teaspoon of  ground cinnamon, or three sticks broke in half
·         1 pinch of ground cloves
·         1 pinch of cardamom, this can be substituted for nutmeg
·         Honey
Directions
·         In a saucepan, combine the wine, apple cider, cinnamon, cloves, and cardamom
·         Bring to a simmer over medium heat, do not allow it to boil
·         Add the honey and stir until well mixed
·         Serve hot
There you have it. It’s that simple. Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment